Auditions for our current season are closed.
KCCO will be holding auditions again in August of 2022.
Typical Audition Requirements
- All: Solo selection of your choice, between 3–5 minutes (no pianist required or provided)
- Strings: Demonstrate sight-reading (music provided by audition panel)
- Wind/Brass: Auditions excerpts as provided
- Auditions are not blind
- Please arrive with ample time to check in and warm up
- Memorization is not required for the solo selection
Being a Musician with KCCO
The Kansas City Civic Orchestra is entering its 63rd concert season. Each member of the orchestra is a volunteer musician. Our musicians come from all different areas of the Greater Kansas City region and have diverse vocational backgrounds. Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings, and the orchestra gives approximately five concerts between September and May. Each musician is expected to attend and prepare for all rehearsals/concerts and play at their highest ability. KCCO musicians take pride in the orchestra’s high-quality performances, as well as the weekly commitment required to provide those performances to the greater Kansas City community. For questions or more information, please contact music director, Christopher Kelts.