The Kansas City Civic Orchestra will be auditioning musicians for the following positions for the 2023–2024 season:
Section First Violin
Section Second Violin
The deadline to register to audition is Friday, August 11. Auditions will take place on Saturday, August 26 at Atonement Lutheran Church. (Specific audition times will be assigned.)
- ALL: Solo selection of your choice, between 3–5 minutes (No pianist required or provided)
- STRINGS: Sight reading will be demonstrated (provided by audition panel)
- PRINCIPAL VIOLA: Excerpts from downloadable PDF.
- PRINCIPAL BASSOON: Excerpts from downloadable PDF.
- Auditions are not blind
- Please arrive early enough to have ample time to check-in/warm-up
- Memorization is not required for your solo selection
Below is general information about playing with KCCO. For specific questions please email our music director, Chris Kelts.
Being a Musician with KCCO
The Kansas City Civic Orchestra is entering its 65th concert season. Each member of the orchestra is a volunteer musician. Our musicians come from all different areas of the greater Kansas City region and have diverse vocational backgrounds. Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings, and the orchestra gives approximately five concerts between September and May. (View 2023–2024 season schedule.) Each musician is expected to attend and prepare for all rehearsals/concerts and play at their highest ability. KCCO musicians take pride in the orchestra’s high-quality performances, as well as the weekly commitment required to provide those performances to the greater Kansas City community.