Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/kccivi5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-bootstrap-shortcode-pro/lib/shortcode/buttons/plugin_shortcode.php on line 12
Our Valued Volunteers – The Friends of Civic
The Kansas City Civic Orchestra relies not only on the generous financial support of our community, but also the time and talents of our loyal listeners. The Friends of Civic’s mission is to maintain a supportive network of concert attendees and friends and family of orchestra members who are interested in assisting with activities that support the orchestra.
Specifically, Friends of Civic:
- Attend Friends of Civic meetings.
- Help recruit and retain volunteers.
- Support the various needs of KCCO, including those related to operations, fundraising, and marketing. Examples include:
- Greeting audience members and ushering during KCCO performances.
- Selling KCCO merchandise before, during and after performances.
- Preparing and distributing KCCO marketing materials (season programs, fliers, postcards, etc.).
- Provide input to help improve the group’s operations, including evaluating its mission; assessing its environment; and setting goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Participate in an annual evaluation of the group’s own performance.
- Enjoy interacting with a fun group of people who believe in the importance of arts and culture in the community.
If you would like to volunteer your time to the Kansas City Civic Orchestra, if you have a talent you’d like to share (such as photography or graphic design), or if you’d just like to learn more about membership in Friends of Civic we’d love to hear from you. Please fill out the form below and a member of our Board of Directors will contact you.
Not enough time to volunteer? Below are additional ways in which you can support the orchestra!