KCCO is auditioning amazing musicians for our 59th season!
Saturday, August 26, 2017 (Reserve your space by Friday, August 11)
10:00am – 3:30pm (Audition Time will be Assigned)
Atonement Lutheran Church (directions)
- Section First Violin
- Section Second Violin
- Section Viola
- Section Cello
- Section Bass
- Section Percussion
- Principle Horn (view horn audition info)
- Horn Third Position (view horn audition info)
- Auxiliary/On-Call Woodwind and Brass
- Solo selection of your choice, between three to five minutes (no pianist provided, or required).
- Sight reading demonstration (three excerpts provided by audition panel).
- Horn auditions have additional requirements; click here to view horn audition info.
- Auditions are not blind.
- Please plan to arrive with ample time to check in and warm up.
- Memorization is not required for your solo selection.
Being a Musician with the Kansas City Civic Orchestra
KCCO is entering its 59th concert season as an all-volunteer, community-supported orchestra. Our musicians come from in and around the greater Kansas City metro and have diverse vocational backgrounds. To ensure that we continue providing high quality performances, we require that our musicians:
- Attend rehearsals every Tuesday evening.
- Perform in approximately seven concerts between September and May.
- Prepare for rehearsals and concerts and play to their highest ability.
To audition, please complete the form below. If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact our music director, Christopher Kelts.
Deadline to reserve an audition time is FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2017